Wednesday, October 01, 2008


My girls, mom and I went to IHOP today for a very late breakfast/very early lunch. My mom has been craving liver and onions (YUCK!!!) and couldn't really think of anywhere else near that has it. She has been pretty couped up lately since she broke her ankle 2 weeks ago. She and my 24-year-old nephew were in New York and she fell down the stairs to the subway on their last day there. It was already a bad day for her that day since it was the one year anniversary of my dad's death. She has a cast and crutches and will probably have it on at least 2 months. Her ankle starts hurting a lot if she doesn't have it propped up, so she really can't do much right now. This is really frustrating for her because she is someone who is always on the go. The cute pancake pictured is what my 2-year-old and I shared. My 1-year-old was sleeping, so she didn't get any. It was very tasty, but of course did not look quite like this one! :)

3 comments:

Kathy McElroy said...

It looks yummy. So sorry to hear about your Mom. What a bummer to fall down the stairs. I wish her a speedy recover. Pamper her as much as you can.

Barbara said...

oooooo soooo painful!!! hugz and love to her!!!

...ahhh yes they NEVER look as good as the advertising..do they? lol...

big hugz!!!

Judy said...

I would have made your mom some liver and onions . . . I don't eat it but DH loves it . . . evidently I make great liver and onions . . the secret I do believe is the bacon grease . . .

My mom has developed this sudden love of pancakes. She always hated them when I was growing up . . . I was the only one in the family that would go with my dad to the church or masonic home or whatever organization was having the pancake dinner :*)